The Confederation of African Football has cleared Sierra Leone to host international soccer matches again after being declared free of Ebola virus in November. The football body placed a sanction on Ebola effected countries and shifted their matches to other countries. Most players from the ebola hit regions were made to go through medical screenings before being allowed to play. Good news for the fans in Seirra Leone.
A statement from the African football’s governing body said that “international football matches and CAF competitions can again be organised in the West African country”. Something which was not possible since August 2014 when CAF upon the recommendations of the World Health Organization suspended football matches in countries affected by the Ebola virus epidermic.
Showing posts with label Ebola. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ebola. Show all posts
08 December 2015
06 October 2014
"TOWELS CARRY EBOLA" National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars Appologises Over Mascot's Ebola Joke
The National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars apologized on Monday after their mascot used the Ebola epidemic to taunt fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The mascot, Jaxson DeVille, held up a handwritten sign to the crowd that read "TOWELS CARRY EBOLA" while carrying a yellow "Terrible Towel" in his right hand.
Created in 1975 by then-Steelers radio broadcaster Myron Cope, Pittsburgh fans cheer their team by raising their arm and waving a black and gold towel in a circular motion. It is dubbed the Terrible Towel by Steelers fans, perhaps the most enthusiastic in the NFL.
Created in 1975 by then-Steelers radio broadcaster Myron Cope, Pittsburgh fans cheer their team by raising their arm and waving a black and gold towel in a circular motion. It is dubbed the Terrible Towel by Steelers fans, perhaps the most enthusiastic in the NFL.
21 August 2014
Ebola Will Not Stop Morocco From Hosting Club World Cup - FIFA
FIFA has confirmed that Morocco will host the Club World Cup for a second successive year despite concerns about the Ebola epidemic. Areas of western Africa have been struck by an outbreak of the virus, raising concerns about the suitability of the competition being held in Morocco in December.
However, the sport's world governing body has moved to ease any worries and assured the teams competing that the welfare of the players and staff will take precedence.
"The health of players, officials and supporters is an absolute priority during any FIFA competition," a statement read.
However, the sport's world governing body has moved to ease any worries and assured the teams competing that the welfare of the players and staff will take precedence.
"The health of players, officials and supporters is an absolute priority during any FIFA competition," a statement read.
Labels:
caf,
Club World Cup,
Ebola,
fifa,
Morocco,
real madrid,
UEFA
14 August 2014
GETTING WORSE!!! Ebola Virus Sacks Nigeria's Representatives From The World Youth Olympic Games In China
Nigerian athletes and officials to the on-going 2014 Youth Olympics in Nanjing, China have been directed to leave and come home after the country pulled out of the competition on Wednesday following discrimination against its athletes.
Acording to reports, Sierra Leone were the first country to reveal that they had pulled out following pressure from the Chinese authorities. A few hours later they were joined by Nigeria, who withdrew their team in protest at how they had been treated in China. Gbenga Elegbeleye, director general of the National Sports Commission, said:
"Nigerian athletes were quarantined, isolated and barred from training alongside athletes from other countries since they arrived the competition venue over news of Ebola virus in Nigeria. Following this discrimination, we have resolved to pull out from the Games."
Acording to reports, Sierra Leone were the first country to reveal that they had pulled out following pressure from the Chinese authorities. A few hours later they were joined by Nigeria, who withdrew their team in protest at how they had been treated in China. Gbenga Elegbeleye, director general of the National Sports Commission, said:
"Nigerian athletes were quarantined, isolated and barred from training alongside athletes from other countries since they arrived the competition venue over news of Ebola virus in Nigeria. Following this discrimination, we have resolved to pull out from the Games."
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)



