12 February 2014

IKER CASILLAS: Ancelotti's Daughter Has Appologised After She Said Lopez Is A Better Goal Keeper Than Me

Iker Casillas has revealed he has spoken with Carlo Ancelotti about the coach's daughter's comments and that the "matter is settled".

Katia Ancelotti hit out at the media for caring about the Blancos captain more than first-choice goalkeeper Diego Lopez, whom she called a "terrific" goalkeeper. Casillas played down the issue, saying that the Italian's daughter had apologised to him, and refused to discuss being a back-up to Lopez in La Liga any more than he already has done.

"I know the daughter of Ancelotti," the 32-year-old told COPE. "We are adults. I have spoken with the coach and the matter is settled.


"When someone apologises it's only right to accept it.

"I will not talk any more about the rotation. I enjoy it when I play but I am already bored with the topic. The less talk, the better.

"Despite being playing intermittently, I'm fine. I'll think of that next season."

Casillas has been the first-choice goalkeeper in cup competitions this season, helping the Blancos reach the Copa del Rey final this week with a 5-0 aggregate win over Atletico Madrid, and he is delighted that the team are fighting on all three fronts.

"I'm happy to qualify for the Copa del Rey final," he added." Now we have to fight for La Liga and in the Champions League, which is always special."

The Spain international has spent his entire career at the Bernabeu and amassed over 650 appearances for the club, but he has not been a regular in La Liga in over a year now.

No comments: