03 September 2014

FIRE!!! Van Persie Sends Warning To Radameal Falcao

Robin van Persie has warned Radamel Falcao he must fight for his place in the starting line-up at Manchester United. The Colombia international arrived at Old Trafford on Transfer Deadline Day in a loan deal from Monaco and joins Dutchman Van Persie and Wayne Rooney in Manchester United's strike force.
The Holland international has welcomed Falcao's arrival but insists all four United attackers will have to work hard for a place in the starting XI.


'I welcome his arrival, he makes us better,' Robin told Dutch media outlet Fox Sports NL.

'At a top club you should always go for the best, which also fits my philosophy. Falcao must fight for his place, as I also have to. We must duke with Wayne Rooney and James Wilson to see who is playing.'

Van Persie, meanwhile, also dismissed suggestions he is about to undergo knee surgery which would see him miss several months of the new season.

'I am impressed that people can pick up the imagination to invent something like that,' Robin explains.

'I do not know where it comes from and can say with my hand on my heart that I won't be in a hospital to have the operation.'

No comments: