03 July 2014

NIGERIA: Keshi Gives NFF Conditions For Contract Extension

Super Eagles head coach,Stephen Keshi says he has not closed the door on extending his deal as Nigeria’s boss but that it will be on his own terms.

Keshi had reportedly told his players in the dressing room after the 2-0 loss to France in the round of 16 tie of the on-going FIFA World Cup that he has managed his last game as Eagles boss but the team’s media officer issued a statement where Keshi said he was misquoted.

The Big Boss,as Keshi is fondly called has however clarified his position saying he is technically no longer the head coach of the Super Eagles following the expiration of his contract with the game against France.
He also said he has yet to be proposed a new contract and should there be one, he would insist on such personal terms like a house and a car.


“I never resigned because my contract just ended. I will only resign if I have a contract,” Keshi told AfricanFootball.com “I was meant to know that I’m still on as long as the World Cup is there. Once the World Cup is over, I’m no more there. No one from the NFF offered me a contract, so what do you want me say? To keep shut? I need to let the world know that I’m a free agent, I can go anywhere until otherwise.”

Keshi said for a new Nigeria contract his agreed personal terms will have to be in place, which was not the case for his first stint.

“We have to talk on my personal terms or it won’t work because in the first contract of two and a half years, there was no house, no vehicle, my staff…there was nothing done. I really don’t know,” he said.

Asked in another interview what he would like done for the coach of the national team if he was in charge of the country’s sports, Keshi said he would love to get his pay as at when due as well as build a training centre for the Super Eagles.

‘I will make the Federation pay his salaries on time and those of his assistants. Build a training centre and facility for the national team to train,”he said in an interview with the Cable and added that while he was in charge of the team they never had anywhere decent to train.

‘The Abuja National Stadium is filled with sand and the worst kind of sand. That means when someone goes to ground he will have skin wounds. I and my assistants spend our own money to buy training cones and some of the things we use for training sessions,” he said.

No comments: