04 June 2015

This Is The Most Talented Squad I Have Had In My Career - Rafa Benitez

Rafa Benítez was unable to keep his emotions in check on being unveiled as the new Real Madrid coach. In a short speech at a ceremony in the presidential box at the Bernabéu, a teary-eyed Benítez highlighted how much the opportunity meant to him: "Today is an emotional day, coming back here, to my home. I hope that things go well, we win trophies, the team play well and I can repay the faith that has been shown in me through my work".

Later, in the press room, Benítez dropped the first hints about how he would approach the job. "We have a great squad, with great players. That's why, rather than talking about style, what's important is to play as well as possible and to have a clear idea of what we want to do", he noted. "This team have to compete, play good football and win.


We can discuss a lot of options in terms of the system, but it's clear that with such a talented team, we have to attack and score goals", he went on.

"This is without doubt the most talented squad I've had at my disposal throughout my career. I like Real Madrid teams to play well and win. I hope ours will be like that", Benítez added.

No comments: