08 March 2014

Chelsea Not League Leader Says Jose Mourinho

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists his side are not top of the Premier League until Manchester City have played their two games in hand.

The Blues hold a four-point lead over Liverpool and Arsenal, but Manuel Pellegrini's men, two points further back, have the chance to take top spot on goal difference should they win their outstanding matches.

"I'm not top of the league, that's the problem," Mourinho told reporters. "I'm only really top of the league the day my team have played the same number of matches as the other teams, and I have more points.


"If that happens, I can say I'm top of the league. Until that moment, if other teams have matches in hand and can be top of the league if they win them, they are top of the league.

"So at this moment I'm not top of the league."

With Manchester City in FA Cup action against Wigan on Sunday, Chelsea have the chance to extend their lead at the top even further against Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

No comments: