06 March 2014

Iker Casillas Hails Diego Lopez`s League Performances

Iker Casillas stood by fellow goalkeeper Diego López during a recent BBVA promotional event. "So far, the gaffer has opted for Diego in La Liga and we are leaders thanks in no small part to his efforts. I, when I work, try to do the best I can."

"The derby goal has to be analysed; there were a lot of people in front of him", said Iker, who, as the 'Los Blancos' captain, defended his 'keeper: "As captain of Real Madrid, I think I have to ask for respect for all the team's players", he said.

Asked about his starter status for Cup and Champions League games, he assured that "I'm dong fine.


You have to analyse the performance of every player in each separate competition. You have to follow the manager's orders. Of course, everyone wants more minutes, and that's good. I, at this moment, as I said, respect the manager's decision, and if he says Cup and Champions League, I'm happy with that and try to do my best for the team. It's been this way for months and we're not going to go over and over the same thing."

Regarding Puyol leaving Barcelona at the end of the season, he said: "Puyi's decision is a thought-out one, and his own. He's not leaving football, he's looking for something new, a new experience. I wish him the best of luck; he is a truly great teammate. We want to see him happy. I am sure that they will thank him for all that he has done for his club."

What Iker didn't want to talk about was Mourinho's recent declarations in 'Esquire' magazine about the Real Madrid dressing room: "Next question", he said laconically.

No comments: