19 April 2014

I Want To Score 40 Goals In A Season Says Mario Baloteli

Mario Balotelli was delighted to mark his 50th appearance for AC Milan with his 30th goal for the club, but insists there is more to come from him.

The Italy international opened the scoring for his side as they marched to a comfortable 3-0 win over relegation-threatened Livorno on Saturday.

The goal was his 14th of the Serie A season, meaning this campaign has been his most successful to date in terms of goals and though Balotelli is happy with his current record, but is adamant he has much more to offer the Rossoneri.


"I'm happy to have achieved my personal record for goals in a season," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "But also in past seasons, especially in England, I could have scored more goals.

"I'm glad I reached a record of 14 goals but I have to improve because there are players who score 40 each year."

The 23-year-old said he has no idea if coach Clarence Seedorf's future is in doubt, insisting they are fully focused on the fight for European football.

"I do not know anything. The coach gave a big hand to the team. There was a great desire to recover. But it is just a great result. We will play to win and to get in the Europa League."

No comments: