01 April 2014

MARCO REUS: We Know Real Madrid's Weaknesses

Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is confident that his side can get a result against Real Madrid in their Champions League quarter-final first leg on Wednesday.

The midfielder has acknowledged that it will be a difficult match, especially without suspended star striker Robert Lewandowski, but he feels like the team has been well prepared by coach Jurgen Klopp.

The two sides met at the semi-final stage of the competition last season, when Dortmund ran out 4-1 winners in the first leg and 4-3 victors on aggregate, and Reus believes his team can capitalise on the Spanish outfit’s weaknesses on Wednesday.


“I will fill any position, I've played up front before and I'm open to everything,” the Germany international told reporters ahead of the first leg. “I'm glad that I'm fit and healthy for the match and I want to help the team.

“We have a positive attitude. Lewandoski is very important for us. Our coach has been thinking about it and I think we can substitute him well.

“We played very well against Stuttgart last Saturday [Dortmund won 3-2 thanks to Reus' hat-trick] but this is a different match.

“We have played here twice before so we know what to expect. Real Madrid are very strong individually but we also know their weaknesses. We must be ready to take advantage of them at the right moment."

No comments: