09 October 2014

You Don't Win Anything In Life If You Don't Take Risks - Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that he put his career in danger by playing in last season's Champions League final against Atletico Madrid despite ongoing injury problems. The Portugal international was plagued by physical misfortune in the closing stages of the 2013-14 campaign, but this didn't stop him from appearing in the 4-1 win after extra time over Ateti, scoring once in the process.

However, Ronaldo has now admitted that it would have been better for his body had he taken some rest instead.



"Yes, I put my career in danger by playing in the Champions League final in Lisbon. You don't win anything in life if you don't take any risks," the attacker told World Soccer.

"We were involved in some major competitions and things were complicated. In the end, it all worked out well. I beat the goal scoring record in the Champions League.

"It took a lot of my body to play in the Champions League final and then at the World Cup. It would have been good had I had the chance to take a break. But you don't want to miss out on the Champions League final and the World Cup.

"I wasn't in the best condition, but I pushed through. Things went well at club level. We won the final, I scored and the club at last got the Decima, which was what we had all been waiting for. With Portugal, things didn't go as well.

"I rested while on holiday after the World Cup and took good care of my body. Every now and then, I push my body to the max, like every other athlete..."

Ronaldo has been in sublime form in the opening months of the 2014-15 campaign, scoring 13 goals in six Liga appearances.

No comments: