06 February 2014

NORWICH CITY: Yobo To Get His Debut Match Against Bruised Manchester City

Manchester City will be eyeing a return to winning ways when they travel to Carrow Road to take on Norwich City on Saturday afternoon.  Kick-off is at 17h00 (CAT). Manuel Pellegrini’s side were stunned by an impressive Chelsea side on Monday evening at the Etihad Stadium.

The 1-0 defeat, courtesy of a goal by Branislav Ivanovic, were the first points the Citizens had dropped on home soil all season long and it couldn’t have come at a more costly time. Chelsea’s victory meant they moved equal on points with the Sky Blues as they both head into the weekend encounters trailing Arsenal by two points.


But the loss has by no means set City off course of their Premier League title ambitions and the race to the crown at the end of the season is still very much open.

They will however have to ensure that they do come out on top against a Norwich City side who have won of the most leakiest defences in the league.

It should bode well for Pellegrini’s free-scoring attacking side but Norwich and Nigeria defender Joseph Yobo, who is set to make his debut for Canaries against City, is ready for the daunting challenge.

“We had a break for Christmas in Turkey, but then two weeks of training after that and it was good, so I’m ready to go,” Yobo told the Norwich official website.

 “I’m happy to be here. I know a few of the players already. It was entirely new to me but I felt welcome.

“I’m excited that I had this opportunity to come back to England. It’s probably the best league in the world, and it’s a new challenge so I’m looking forward to it.

“There were loads of clubs from abroad who were interested in me, but the manager here convinced me and I wanted to come back to the Premier League.”

No comments: