14 March 2014

ROBIN VAN PERSIE: I Am Staying At Manchester United

Robin van Persie has insisted he wants to stay at Manchester United and said he would be delighted to sign a new deal at Old Trafford.

Speculation has been rife that the out-of-form Dutchman wants to leave the Premier League champions and there has even been suggestions the striker does not get along with boss David Moyes.

But the 30-year-old, who joined from Arsenal in a controversial £24million move in 2012, firmly denied this was the case and said: "The truth is I’m very happy here at this club. I signed for four years and I’d be delighted to stay even longer, beyond the next two years I have left on my contract. This is how I feel, although it’s not what has been suggested in the media."


The forward is not the only one to struggle in Moyes' debut season at the Red Devils with the club nine points adrift of fourth spot and facing Champions League elimination following a shocking 2-0 defeat in Olympiakos.

Following that game van Persie was critical of his team-mates leading to the idea he wanted out of Old Trafford but in an interview with matchday programme United Review, he continued: "I don’t mind if my performances get dissected and people criticise what I’ve done on the pitch.

"They can talk about my game 24/7 for all I care… and a lot of those opinions and criticisms may actually be right. So I don’t mind that.

“What I need to address are the situations when people are taking it upon themselves to think for me, make assumptions, or interpret things as if they are me.

"Last time I checked my head was still attached to my body, so I’m the only one who knows exactly what I’m feeling and that is not what I or the fans have been reading."

No comments: