18 April 2014

Mino Raiola Slams Barcelona And Guardiola Over Ibrahimovic Treatment

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent, Mino Raiola, has slammed Pep Guardiola and Barcelona for the way they treated the striker, stating he has "no respect for the club", while insisting that Paris Saint-Germain will win the Champions League in the near future.

Ibrahimovic spent one year at the Catalan giants, joining from Inter for a big-money fee and a part exchange with Samuel Eto'o. However, the Sweden international had a fractious relationship with erstwhile coach Guardiola and was eventually sent on loan to AC Milan, where he would remain on a permanent deal.

And Raiola has criticised the reigning Spanish champions and Guardiola for the way they handled his player.
"Who was supposed to defend Zlatan in Barcelona if it hadn't been me? His wife? The whole club talked him down," he told 11 Freunde.


"He was the king at Inter and after his move he was suddenly a nobody. Pep Guardiola let him down, without any explanation.

"Ask Guardiola what his mistake was. He won't answer, because he can't admit he made a mistake - that would insult his intelligence.

"If you pay €79 million for a player and don't let him play, that's not just totally dumb but also financially damaging. Most of the agents wouldn't criticise this policy because they are afraid big Barcelona will never ever buy a player of theirs.

"I just don't care. I have no respect for a club if the club has no respect for my players.

"If the relationship doesn't work out, you have to end it."

The agent went on to say that he encouraged Ibrahimovic to join PSG as he saw the potential in their project with the Qatari Investment Authority before anyone else and expects them to dominate European football in the years to come.

"It's not just 100 per cent sure that PSG will win the Champions League but also the treble. Zlatan and I chose this project specifically because we believe in it.

"I already brokered Maxwell's move to them deliberately. He was my first player there because I understood earlier than everyone else what was growing there. That's also the reason why I am so successful.

"I can read the market, I know what happens and why it happens. I even affect it."

No comments: