Showing posts with label london. Show all posts
Showing posts with label london. Show all posts

01 September 2015

Usain Bolt Spotted Riding A Megaboard At Heathrow Airport

Usain Bolt has shown the clumsy Segway-riding cameraman how it should be done, by taking to a megaboard after touching down in London.

Bolt, 29, was knocked flying by a Chinese broadcaster struggling to control his Segway, just seconds after sprinting to victory in the 200m at last week’s World Championships in Beijing.

But it clearly hasn’t taken him long to get over the incident, as he has now been pictured riding one himself at Heathrow Airport.

25 July 2015

Usain Bolts Returns To Form With 100m Win In Anniversary Games


Six-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt showed a return to form to win the 100m at the Anniversary Games in London. The Jamaican, who has been struggling for fitness, won both his heat and the final in 9.87 seconds in wet conditions at the Olympic Stadium.

"I really wanted to run faster," said Bolt, 28, who defends his world title next month. "But it's getting there."
Meanwhile, Britain's double Olympic champion Mo Farah received a great reception as he won the 3,000m.

Farah, 32, was competing in England for the first time since allegations of doping were made against coach Alberto Salazar, claims which Salazar and Farah both deny.

08 July 2015

Tottenham To Hold Two NFL Games Per Year At New Stadium

There will be more NFL games in London after Tottenham announced a deal to host two a year at their new stadium. Tottenham have agreed a partnership with the NFL to host two games annually at their new stadium for 10 years.

The NFL has staged regular season games at Wembley Stadium since 2007 and held three games at the ground last season. There is optimism that the NFL will extend its agreement with Wembley beyond 2016, but the league has taken another step to further its international profile with the announcement of the deal with Tottenham on Wednesday.

07 February 2015

27 September 2014

14 March 2014

Manchester Uniteted Legend Eric Cantona Arrested In London

Former Manchester United striker Eric Cantona has been arrested and cautioned after assaulting a man in London on Wednesday afternoon, according to reports.

Cantona, 47, was taken into custody after the lunchtime incident in the Primrose Hill area according to the Guardian and the Daily Telegraph. It is not yet known whether the victim  who required no medical assistance intends to press charges against the former Old Trafford forward.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "Police were called to Regents Park Road, NW1, at 12.55pm on Wednesday 12th March, following reports of an assault.

18 November 2013

Friendly: Nigeria to play Italy in London tonight

Three times African champions, Nigeria have arrived in London ahead of Monday’s international friendly against four-time world champions, Italy. The Nigerian contingent arrived in London Heathrow Airport on Sunday evening and checked into the Hilton Hotel in Cobham. The team could not train on Sunday because of the cold weather but will now train on Monday morning. Head coach of the Nigeria national team, Stephen Keshi has only 23 players available for selection after striker, Victor Obinna picked up an injury during Saturday’s game against Ethiopia. Italy and Nigeria have only met once previously at senior international level with the Azzurri running away with a 2-1 victory over the Super Eagles in the second round of the 1994 Fifa world cup in the United States. Roberto Baggio scored twice to cancel out Emmanuel Amuneke’s strike as the Super Eagles bowed out of their maiden World Cup appearance. Some of us still see that match has robbery.........

09 November 2013

Premier League Weekend Fixtures

                                                                                                                      Go support your Team, Happy viewing.

07 November 2013

Tennis: Berdych to play Nadal again

Tomas Berdych reignited his hopes at the ATP World Tour Finals with a straight-sets win over David Ferrer. A 6-4 6-4 victory in Group A brought the Czech back into contention for the semi-finals, after he lost his opening match to Stanislas Wawrinka. Berdych, 28, will play world number one Rafael Nadal, who is already through to the last four, in his final round-robin match on Friday. Wawrinka can still take the second qualifying spot but Ferrer is out. Berdych has lost his last 15 matches against Nadal, and his last win came back in 2006. "Matches against him are always like a final because you're playing the number one player in the world," said Berdych." Every time you go on court with him it's amazing. It's already many, many matches that he's won [against me] and I need to do something about that." Lol, my verdict, its Nadal all the way, sorry Tomas.

06 November 2013

Nadal to become World number One before the year runs out

Rafael Nadal ensured he will end the year as world number one with victory over Stanislas Wawrinka at the ATP World Tour Finals in London. The Spaniard, 27, won 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (8-6) to secure a semi-final place and guarantee he cannot be overtaken by world number two Novak Djokovic. It will be the third time Nadal - who called it "the perfect scenario" - has finished a year top of the rankings. Wawrinka was playing the more spectacular winners but, just as in the first set, it was Nadal who prevailed when the pressure was really on in the tie-break. The Spaniard clinched victory after two hours and 12 minutes when Wawrinka made his 23rd forehand error of the match. Good news for Spain. Go Nadal