21 May 2014

NIGERIA' PREMIER LEAGUE: Salami Vows To Prove Himself

Nigeria league leading scorer Gbolahan Salami has promised to prove himself again before Ibadan fans when Warri Wolves battle Crown FC on Wednesday.

Salami, who has scored six goals in the league, said he cannot wait for the match because he has missed his fans since he left Shooting Stars of Ibadan.

"I am happy going back to Ibadan to play before my fans. Ibadan is my home so I can't afford to wait longer than this because I really missed them and I know they too will be willing to see me play,” Salami revealed.


“It is my prayer that I have something to show to prove that I remain the same.

“I am in top form, rearing to go and with prayer, something good will come the way of my team."

Salami has, however, refused to set a target in terms of goals this season, but claimed that he is paid to score goals and will do his best.

Speaking further on the match against Crown FC, Salami said it will be tough judging from what the Ogbomoso side have achieved this season.

"The match against Crown FC will be tough because they have been doing well this season and they have an experienced coach in Lawrence Akpokona, but anything can happen in football, so we hope for the best," he said.

No comments: