10 December 2013

MOURINHO: No January transfer for Chelsea

Jose Mourinho has ruled out a January spending spree at Chelsea and will keep faith with his current crop of players. Considering the misfiring form of his strikers one will think that he needs to sign in January or his he bringing Lukaku back??? Read more after the cut.......

Chelsea’s push for the title suffered a setback at the weekend as they lost 3-2 at Stoke and there were suggestions that Mourinho would demand some new players in January with a striker top of his wanted list.
The Blues boss admits a striker in double figures would be a huge boost but has dismissed claims that his current crop will be axed and new players brought in.
Mourinho said: “If we had eight-10-12 goals [from the strikers] we would be top of the league.
“That’s a reality but my strikers give everything and the team works hard. What can you do more? We work, we keep working. That’s the only way I know is to keep working.
“Of course we want the best possible results, but I am not waiting for players, I am not asking for players. This is a period for the club and this is a period of my team where we have to try and improve the players we have and try to build a future.
“It is my squad. For good and for bad it is my squad. Of course it is not the perfect squad, but it is my squad and I work with them until the last day. To criticise does not help me.
What do I win by criticising my players? I win nothing.”

No comments: