14 March 2014

Nicolas Anelka Terminates West Brom Contract Due To Unacceptable Conditions

Nicolas Anelka has announced he has terminated his contract with West Brom with immediate effect, saying he was unable to accept "certain conditions" the club proposed.

Anelka's punishment has been widely condemned as too lenient, although the FA have confirmed they will not appeal the ban as they feel there is little chance of success.

Now Anelka has announced his decision to leave the Hawthorns with immediate effect in order to "maintain his integrity".


"Following discussions between the club and I, there was a proposal made that I would be re-integrated into the squad under certain conditions that I can't accept," he wrote on Twitter.

"Wishing to maintain my integrity, I have therefore decided to free myself and put an end to my contract that ties me to WBA until 2014 as of now."

The striker joined Albion on a free transfer in the summer, making 12 apperances and scoring four times during his time at the Hawthorns.

No comments: