24 February 2014

ROBERTO MANCINI: Galatasaray Will Need A Miracle To Beat Chelsea

Roberto Mancini has told talkSPORT that his Galatasaray side will need to summon another miracle to beat Chelsea in the Champions League last-16. The former Manchester City boss has already guided the Turkish club through a difficult group which included Real Madrid and Juventus to set up a clash with the Blues.

But Mancini concedes they will have to be at their absolute best to progress when the two sides meet in the first-leg at the Turk Telekom Arena next Wednesday, live on talkSPORT.

"I know Chelsea very well. For us it will be a very difficult game because Chelsea are used to playing these important games but we want to play a good game if it’s possible," he told Keys and Gray.


"They have improved a lot in the last two months. We went through in a difficult group with Real Madrid and Juventus and I think it was a miracle. Now we are here and I don’t know if we can do another miracle but we want to try. In football never say never."

Chelsea sit top of the Premier League but despite Mancini leaving Manchester City in acrimonious circumstances at the end of last season, the Italian still believes it will be his former club who prevails in the title race.

"My opinion is City will win this title because I think it’s the best team. I think they will fight with Chelsea because like I said they have improved a lot in the last two months but in the end I think City can win this title."
tasa

No comments: