20 September 2014

Messi Is The All Time Best Footballer, Iniesta Is Spain's Most Talented Footballer of All Time, Del Bosque Disappointed Me - Xavi Hernández

Spanish television channel Canal Plus had Xavi Hernández as a guest and conducted and in-depth interview with the brains of the 'Azulgranas', who gave his opinions openly on everyone related to Barcelona.

Messi: "Leo is already the best of all time. He's been the best in the world for the last eight years. I can't think of anyone like that, maybe Pelé".

Figo: "It was a shock, he was the best and he went to our eternal rivals. The equivalent now would be Messi going to Real Madrid".


Pirlo: "I like watching different central midfielders. We've got lots in Spain: Iniesta, Silva, I watch Arsenal to see Cazorla and now there's Denis Suárez, Rakitic… but when I watch Pirlo he's fantastic. I switch on for Juve games just to see him play".

With regards to his own future he said, "Football is my life, I want to carry on playing and if that's with Barcelona, which is my lifelong club and the club I support, then I'll be doubly happy."

He heaped praise on his teammate Iniesta saying, "He's the most talented Spanish footballer of all time".

On the various people that have coached him he picked out Luis Aragonés in particular, "He is the most influential person on my career, ahead of Guardiola".

On Del Bosque he said, "I was very disappointed not to play against Chile. The manager asked me to stay on for two more years after the 2012 European Cup and not to play after the Netherlands was frustrating. To leave the national team like that…"

Talking of his current manager, Luis Enrique: "I have the same feeling with him that I did with Guardiola in 2008. Good years are coming. He's a winner, a born leader".

No comments: