04 December 2013

Enyeama: I am enjoying the moment

A goal within two minutes into time added on by Nolan Roux gave Lille a priceless 1-0 win over Marseille in their Ligue 1 clash on Tuesday and consolidated their second spot in the table. Read more after the cut.....


Roux’s sixth goal of the season was a bit harsh on a Marseille side that had several superb chances throughout the game but found Nigerian international goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama in imperious form.
Lille’s win moved them to wthin a point of leaders Paris Saint Germain, who play Evian on Wednesday, while Marseille are 10 points adrift of PSG and being threatened for fourth spot by Nantes, who grabbed a late winner in a 2-1 victory over struggling Valenciennes.
Enyeama moved past 1000 minutes in not conceding a goal – since the 2-0 defeat by Nice on September 15 – taking it to 1035 minutes.
The 31-year-old goalkeeper – who captained Nigeria to their Africa Cup of Nations triumph earlier this year – is second on the all-time top flight list behind Frenchman Gaetan Huard who in the 1992-1993 season didn’t concede a goal for Bordeaux for 1176 minutes.
Enyeama told Bein Sport: “What can I say? I am just enjoying the moment.
“It’s not just me, though, it is the whole group. We stay strong like a team. We have the spirit and the strength.
“I don’t know what is possible now. All I can say is that I have a great team round me and a great set of coaches.

No comments: