03 December 2013

Osaze Odemwingie laments West Brom regret

Peter Odemwingie has said that he is happy at Cardiff City, but admitted he regrets how he left his previous club West Bromwich Albion. Read more after the cut....

The Nigeria international caught a lot of flak for his attempts to try and force a move to Championship side Queens Park Rangers in January, and he was left with a considerable amount of egg on his face when, after travelling to London, the deal never got off the ground, and now the forward has explained why he tried to force his way out of the Hawthorns.
Odemwingie told the Daily Mirror: “I believe, especially as I’m older now, that you owe it to yourself to fight and battle for your career, to do what’s right for yourself and to keep your dreams and ambitions alive.
“I felt I had to leave West Brom to do that.
The attempted move was not without consequence, but the 32-year-old seems to have been able to hold his head high throughout.
He added: “Of course I have regrets. There was a time when I couldn’t escape it and I shouldn’t have done what I did in January.
“I still get the jokes and the banter even now from other players, but slowly it goes away.
“But I was a very good player for West Brom. My son was born the night after I scored an equaliser for West Brom against Aston Villa in January. I always gave everything.”

No comments: