08 March 2014

Real Madrid Can Win Treble Says Zinedine Zidane

Zinedine Zidane discussed all the latest to do with Real Madrid in an interview with 'ElConfidencial.com'. The 'Los Blancos' assistant coach had kind words for Cristiano and talked about Real's chances of winning the league, cup and Champions League this season.

The Frenchman suggested that there is no point comparing different periods: "I don't think you can compare the time when I was at Real with now. Every period has its upsides and downsides. Right now we have a very young squad that is blossoming. During my playing days it was a more seasoned squad".

"Of course we should be talking about the possibility of winning the treble", Zidane added. "When you play at Real Madrid you know what your goals are and you should always aim as high as possible.


At Real you are expected to win everything you're in the running for. We're still in all three competitions".

"I want to be a manager in the future. I'm learning the ropes under a great coach, someone I knew before because I played under him, and now what I'm doing is learning so I can take up the role one day myself", Zidane revealed.

The France legend also called Cristiano Ronaldo a "very worthy" Ballon d'Or winner. "I see him in training every day. He arrives early and is one of the last to leave, staying behind two hours after every session. The sky's the limit for him. He always wants more. He's a born competitor".

No comments: