14 March 2014

STEPHEN KESHI: My Eagles Will Become Superstars After World Cup

Coach Stephen Keshi is positive that his team will prove doubters wrong after the completion of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.

The Super Eagles handler who is on holiday with his family in the United States believes with his team's performance against Mexico plus determination, then the world should be ready for a shocker when the quadrennial championship gets underway.

"It is true that I don't have big name players in the Super Eagles squad but I can assure you that they would become big stars after the World Cup, because they will perform well in Brazil. I am optimistic this Eagles will not disappoint at the World Cup," Keshi said.


"After the World Cup, clubs will scramble to sign my boys who are not highly rated by pundits now. I don't believe in big names in football and I have been able to inculcate this in the boys that names don't win matches and I am sure they would fear nobody in Brazil."

The former Mali handler also assured that his boys will be at their best when they face former world champions Argentina in the group stage.

 "We'll play all the teams with respect but we shall not fear them. Yes the likes of [Lionel] Messi, [Sergio] Aguero, [Gonzalo] Higuain, [Angel] Di Maria of Argentina and Edin Dzeko [of Bosnia-Herzegovina] will be playing against us but my boys know them and will be ready for them," he concluded.

No comments: