30 December 2015

NFF Crisis: Solomon Dalung Calls For Peaceful Talks Between Pinnick & Giwa

The Youths and Sports minister of Nigeria Solomon Dalung has called on the two warring fractions of the NFF to allow peace reign.

Fourteen months ago when the issue of the genuine NFF President erupted the Chris Giwa led group was forced out by the then government with a promise of reviewing the whole matter.

With the promise of the government being inactive the Giwa led group has threatened to sack the Pinnick led NFF through the back door.


The minister for Sports has called for a peaceful settlement and has promised to wade into the crisis.

According to the press Dalung said:

"It has come to my knowledge once again, that anarchy is being adopted as a method for addressing grievances in the Nigeria Football Federation," Dalung was quoted in a statement.

"As a peacemaker and also a Minister of Youth and Sports, I will always implore Nigerians to apply the use of dialogue and consensus in resolving crisis.

"This my posture should not be taken as weakness but as a well intended way of promoting peace among people.

"I reiterate this again and again that I am standing with nobody in the crisis of the NFF  but will always stand for due process.

"If there are grievances, which have already been brought before me by both parties, I should be allowed to look into them and take a decision.

"Chris Giwa and his group should not take the petition brought to my table as a license for anarchy. I will not endorse that today. I will not endorse that tomorrow and I will not endorse that forever.

"Therefore, I urge all warring factions to remain very calm and peaceful so that we will not destroy the image and progress built so far in football.


"While wishing Nigerians a prosperous New Year and a hopeful outing at the Olympics, I charge all stakeholders to be more responsible and patriotic in their deeds. God bless Nigeria," he concluded.

No comments: