12 January 2014

Nigeria's Raheem Lawal Quits Turkish Club Over Salary Issues


Nigeria midfielder Raheem Lawal has terminated his contract with Turkish division 2 side Mersin Idmuryurdu.
 
Lawal said he has to throw in the towel after he was not paid salary for the past two months and now he will seek for greener pasture elsewhere.
 
"I have terminated my contract with Mersin. It was as a result of financial issue, they owe me two month wages so I told them I am leaving. I am free now,"

 
When asked his next destination, Lawal said he cannot say at present as there are offers for him.
 
"I don't know where I will play for now, but I have many offers. I am looking at them and we will decide alongside my agent the next move," he said.
 
Some sources have revealed that top-flight Turkish clubs Antalyaspor and Bursaspor are interested in signing the midfielder, who also quit his Spanish club Atletico Baleres after they failed to pay him for several months.

No comments: