16 July 2015

How Van Gaal Asked Robin To Leave Manchester United

Robin van Persie was told in May that he could leave Manchester United, according to Louis van Gaal. The 31-year-old has joined Fenerbahce for a fee in the region of €6.6 million and has signed a three-year contract worth around €5.2m per year.

Van Gaal claims Van Persie was informed about the decision at the club’s golf day on May 20 and insists he has contacted the striker since his move to Turkey.

“I have said in a conversation with him and we have to keep it like that. He knows that already from the day we have played golf,” said the United manager.


“After we played golf we talked about the perspective for him at Manchester United.”


Van Gaal, though, admits that he found it difficult to dispense with Van Persie's services, and says that he has wished him well following his transfer.

 “Every decision is difficult," he added. "I go to watch Fenerbahce because of Dirk Kuyt and I am always received in a very warm way and I think he shall like to be in that warm companionship in the club.

“I wish him all the best and I have also texted that to him.”

No comments: