20 February 2015

DON'T COME TO THE BRIDGE - Chelsea Suspends Two More Fans Over Paris Metro Racist Incidence

Chelsea have suspended two more people from Stamford Bridge in the wake of Tuesday night's racist incident in France. Blues supporters were filmed pushing a black passenger off a carriage on the Paris Metro after the 1-1 Champions League draw with PSG. Fans then chanted "We're racist and that's the way we like it".

Chelsea made an appeal for information in the wake of the events and on Thursday evening confirmed that three people believed to have been involved had been suspended from the club's ground. That number has now risen to five with Friday night's update.


The actions of the fans in Paris generated huge opprobrium, with supporters' groups condemning the fans and Prime Minister David Cameron labelling the incident "extremely disturbing and very worrying" in a statement on Wednesday.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho admitted earlier in the day that the supporters had brought shame on the club.

“My feeling is the feeling of everyone at this club," he said at his weekly press conference.

"We feel very sorry. We want to fight it. We feel ashamed and we want to apologise to this gentleman.

“We feel ashamed but maybe we shouldn't because I refuse to be connected with these people.

“I am connected with Chelsea and so many good things this club defends and represents.

“I left Chelsea in 2007 and I couldn't wait for the moment to be back and it is not because of people like this that I wanted to be back.

“So yes I feel ashamed when I knew what happened but I am a proud Chelsea Football Club manager because i know what this club is and these people don't represent Chelsea Football Club.”

No comments: