19 February 2015

Getting Back To My Old Self Was A Challenge - Lionel Messi

On DeporTV's programme 'Mundo Leo', Messi sat down to talk about the great form he is currently enjoying.

"This year I tried to get off to a good start from the word go. I knew that I wasn't coming off the back of a great year, in which I had to get through many problems, both on and off the pitch. It was a real challenge to change the image that I had given last season and to get back to my old self. That was my objective and with that in mind I started the season", he explained.


The player also gave his view of Barcelona's rise in form since their defeat in Anoeta: "The truth is that we're feeling fine. Luckily, after the Sociedad game, where we didn't get the new year off to a good start, everything changed. Now we have an entirely different dynamic and everything is working out for us."

The Argentine then warned that as yet, Barça haven't tasted success: "The team are confident, with a different attitude, highly motivated. And that has put us where we are today. But there is still a long time to go and we haven't won anything yet. There are many months of competition to be played both in la Liga and in the Champions League. We also have to ensure our passing through to the cup final."

Regarding the Champions League qualifiers, he said, "We have been drawn against City, like last year. They're a team with great players and so we face two very tough games. They are all out to qualify as last year they didn't make it. It's going to be a super game as they have reinforced their squad a lot.

No comments: