21 January 2014

CHRISTANO RONALDO: Am Set To Win World Cup With Portugal

Portugal's prolific attacker wants to win this summer's tournament in Brazil and has stressed that he aims to keep playing for many more years

Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo says he dreams of guiding Portugal to World Cup glory at this summer's tournament.

The 28-year-old played a key role in his side's qualification for Brazil 2014 as he netted all of the Seleccao's goals in their 4-2 aggregate win over Sweden in the play-offs.


And now the recent Ballon d'Or winner has his sights set on securing his country's first ever World Cup trophy.

"Winning the World Cup with Portugal is my dream – without wanting to take any merit away from other trophies," Ronaldo told reporters.

"We know that winning the World Cup is a difficult challenge, as every nation wants to win it but we will give our best to do it."

The prolific attacker then went on to stress that he is not thinking about his retirement just yet as he aims to keep playing for many more years to come.

"This is my life, my profession, my passion. I want to continue playing for many more years to come. I am still young," he continued.

"I am extremely happy and only wish to continue reaping more successes, both individual and collective, until the end of my career."

Ronaldo has a contract with Madrid until June 2018.

No comments: