20 July 2015

Theo Walcott Set To Renew Arsenal Contract

Theo Walcott has reiterated his desire to stay at ‘special’ Arsenal and has predicted that talks over a new contract will not be prolonged.

After the departure of Abou Diaby, The 26 year old has become Arsenal’s longest serving player and according to a report by the Telegraph the forward is close to completing negotiations over a deal to keep the player in North London for a little while longer.

Theo Walcott joined Arsenal in 2006 at the age of 16 and, after scoring in the FA Cup final in May, is now targeting an era of sustained success for the Gunners.


“My agent has talked to the club, I enjoy playing for this club so I am just letting them crack on with things and I’ll continue playing football,” Walcott said.

“We’ll just play the waiting game and see what happens but I’m sure it won’t be long. This squad, for me, is one of the best I’ve been involved in. I want to be part of that”

The England international’s current deal at the Emirates Stadium expires next summer, and talks have dragged on over an extension. At 26 both the player and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believe the England forward is now fit enough to fulfill his potential.

Theo Walcott signed a £90,000-a-week agreement 18 months ago and is believed to feel he is now worth in excess of £100,000, in keeping with some of his peers at the club.

No comments: