24 December 2013

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR: Tottenham disrespected me


Emmanuel Adebayor has criticised Tottenham Hotspur for showing him “a lot of disrespect” during Andre Villas-Boas’ ill-fated stint as boss. Read more after the cut....


The Togo international has returned from exile to score three goals in two games under interim manager Tim Sherwood, but that hasn’t stopped him from speaking bluntly about the regime that saw him play just 45 minutes in the 6-0 loss to Manchester City.

“It was difficult. When I come to train and see the team picture, which I’m not involved in, that shows me a lot of disrespect,” said Adebayor, reported by BBC Sport.

Even so, the 29-year-old suggests he wasn’t willing to make a fuss and would go along with measures that hinted he would be sold:

I’m a professional footballer, I had to keep my head up and I did what they asked me to do. They asked me to train with the reserves, which I did with pleasure, and they asked me to train on my own, which I did with pleasure.

So now everything is paying off. I kept doing my thing and this is my glory time. I’m very happy.

No comments: