30 August 2015

NFL: Fan Falls & Dies During Yankees-Braves Game

In the seventh inning of Saturday night's Yankees-Braves game at Turner Field, a man fell from the upper deck as Alex Rodriguez was being introduced as a pinch-hitter. He later died after being treated at the scene and transported to a local hospital.

A fan, Greg Shiver of Tennessee, who was attending the game with his son, said, “We were sitting in Row 6 and I just told him to watch for A-Rod. And then we heard a big thud. I saw a guy falling from the top. I grabbed my son and ran for security. He was bleeding pretty badly. I don't think he's gonna make it. And I don't have any clue how he fell.”


Per Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, the man appeared to hit the wire attached to the netting behind home plate before falling onto the concrete stairwell of the field-level section of seats.

This incident occurs barely two years after another fan at Turner Field, 30-year-old Ronald Homer, fell some 85 feet to his death.

No comments: