04 August 2015

NPFL Record Buy Ayaya Joins Abia Warriors On Loan Deal

The first player to command a million Naira transfer fee in the Nigeria league Emeka Nwanna aka ‘Ayaya’ has joined Abia Warriors on loan till the end of the season.

The striker made history in 2001, when Enyimba splashed a then record fee of a million Naira to sign him from Rangers.

 ‘Ayaya’ told Abia Warriors’ website that he decided to pitch his tent with the Umuahia outfit to contribute his quota towards the realization of the club’s aspirations.


 The former Calabar Rovers, Heartland of Owerri and Kwara Utd hitman, said Abia Warriors are professionally run and now hopes to help the club pick a continental ticket at the end of the season.

 “I love Umuahia because I started my career here with then NEPA Football Club of Umuahia when I was still in the secondary school and I had hoped to return here one day and when the opportunity came, I never hesitated to seize it with both hands”, said Nwanna, who has also played for clubs in Tunisia and Qatar.

No comments: