30 July 2015

Zamalek President Resigns


Zamalek president, Mortada Mansour, has announced his resignation after 16 months of being club boss. Mansour was elected as Zamalek chairman in March 2014 for four years, after a tough election.

"It's time to leave my place. I can't stay anymore as Zamalek president. I took this decision after discussions with my family. I need peace and my family," Mansour said.

" I said it before and say it now, there is war against me and despite that I worked hard and we won the title. I put smile on the faces of Zamalek fans faces and now it's time to rest.


"I will call for a general assembly in the next days so that a new Zamalek president will be chosen."

With the sudden resignation of Mansour, who is a lawyer, it is expected that procedures will start for a presidential election this week by the Egyptian champions.

No comments: