31 July 2015

I Can Be Juventus' Most Prolific Midfielder - Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba is confident that he has what it takes to take Arturo Vidal's role at Juventus and be the club's highest-scoring midfielder this season.

The Chile international left the Serie A champions for Bayern Munich this month, but Pogba has ensured the club's fans they have nothing to worry about.

Vidal netted 35 goals in four seasons in Serie A, hitting eight in all competitions last season, while Pogba has scored 20 times in three years in the Italian top flight.


"I am happy to play wherever the coach needs me. I feel really good playing as an attacking midfielder behind two strikers. We'll see what happens. It's a role I enjoy," Pogba told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

I think I can be [our most prolific midfielder]. I hope it will happen, both for myself and for Juventus.

"Two great midfielders have left, but I have learned a lot from them. It's now up to me to show that I have grown. "

Aside from Vidal, Juventus also lost Andrea Pirlo and Carlos Tevez, but Pogba remains optimistic about his side's chances in the new season.

"We have lost some important players, but we have also brought in some experienced players. We are Juventus and we must always do well.

"I think we can win a fifth title in a row if we really want it. It all depends on ourselves. It will be even more difficult than before and that's why we have to be fully focused."

No comments: