16 September 2015

Real Madrid Is On A Roll - Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo says that Real Madrid are “on a roll” after Rafael Benitez’s side opened their Champions League campaign with a 4-0 demolition of Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Portuguese scored a hat-trick, taking him three clear of Lionel Messi in the competition’s  all-time goalscorer charts, with Karim Benzema also on target at the Bernabeu.

After opening their Liga campaign with a goalless draw against Sporting Gijon, Real have now scored 15 goals in three games and Ronaldo feels his side are reaching top form already.


“We are in good form, we must highlight the work of the team,” he told reporters.

“We are consistent in defence, we did a good job. Shakhtar played well, they're a team with a lot of possession but today was the day for Real Madrid to win and play well.

"We know that pre-season is less important, we know that we have to start the Liga and the Champions League well.

“We started a little bad in La Liga with a draw but we've been fine since, more consistent and we're on a roll.

"I am very happy, I thank the players and the confidence they gave me."

Ronaldo also revealed his delight at passing Messi in the goalscoring charts, having previously been level with the Barcelona star on 77 goals.

"I knew this [record] would come, naturally and without pressure," he told BT Sport.

"It's good of course, I won't lie, I feel so proud and happy but this is not my goal – my goal is to be good all season and help the team win, which is the most important, and to win collective trophies.

"I hope my goals help the team win but I feel confidence, I feel good and I want to carry on like that."

No comments: