15 June 2014

WORLD CUP: Am Fit To Play Against Germany Says Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo insists he is "100 per cent" fit and ready to lead Portugal in their Group G crunch clash against Germany at Arena Fonte Nova on Monday.

Ronaldo's fitness has overshadowed the build-up to the match after he was seen limping out of a Portugal training session with an ice pack on his left knee last week.

But the Real Madrid superstar is adamant he is in good enough condition to make a decisive impact for his country against Joachim Low's heavily-fancied Germany team.


"The [fitness] problems are all in the past," he told reporters at a pre-match press conference in Salvador.

"Since the start of my career there's not been one single day in which I've played without pain. It's just the burden of my work.

"I'm ready, I'm feeling well ... I don't have anything to prove. One player is not a team, I can't carry the whole team on my back."

No comments: