15 July 2015

Giroud To Tackle Henry Over Criticizing Statement

Olivier Giroud has brushed off earlier criticism from Thierry Henry but plans to have a man-to-man talk with the Arsenal legend.

Henry said in April that the Gunners would not win the Premier League with Giroud as their principal attacking threat, prompting comments about the 37-year-old's punditry work and a defence from Arsene Wenger.

Giroud insists he was unperturbed by Henry's remarks and is only focused on performing as well as possible for Arsenal, but would nonetheless relish the opportunity to speak to Henry privately on the topic.


"To be honest, when you are a footballer you don't have to listen to people commenting about your performance," Giroud told reporters.

"The main thing is not to have any doubt when you miss a chance or miss a game. It can happen sometimes.

"The best thing is to forget about the comments straight away and to keep the head up and not let it affect your qualities.

"I know Thierry and I knew what he wanted to mean. If I see him we will have a conversation between two men.

"I'm not angry against him but it's true that I didn't understand at first. I think he reacted about his words and explained them more.

"But it's alright. I'm not going to be upset about that. I'm sleeping well and as long as my family is OK that's the main thing. It doesn't affect me too much."

Arsenal are in Singapore ahead of their friendly against a local XI on Wednesday.

No comments: