19 July 2015

My Legs Are Trembling With Desire To Play - Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho says his legs are "trembling with desire" to play football after joining Fluminense on a free transfer.

The 35-year-old left Mexican side Queretaro earlier this summer after spending last season with the club, but still retains the drive to play on. He said: "It's good to return for a big club. I'm very happy and motivated.

"I wanted to play after seeing the stadium (Maracana) and the fans with all their support. My legs are trembling with desire to play. On July 27th, I start preparations."


Ronaldinho added that his decision to join the club was the result of his desire to lift the Brazilian championship - a title that has so far eluded him during his career.

"If I could be on the field today, I would. It proves my desire to make history in this club," he continued.

"What motivated me is a title that I don't have, Brazilian championship. It motivates me a lot. It is a great club with great players, we have everything to be champions."

The former Brazil international had also been linked with Vasco da Gama but said there was never a firm offer on the table.

"It's my brother that talks to clubs. I talked with other players here in Fluminense to find out how everything is here, it motivated me. The rest I leave with my brother.

"Fred told me about life at the club and living in Rio - I hope we can be successful together."

No comments: