23 July 2015

Why Omeruo Joined Kasimpasa On A Loan Deal

Super Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo has explained why he accepted Kasimpasa offer for a loan deal. The Chelsea defender will be with the Turkish team till the end of the season and a clause has been attached to the deal according to report.

The Süper Lig outfit also revealed that they have a future buy-out clause option to sign Omeruo on a permanent deal until next summer.

Omeruo was snapped up by Chelsea in January 2012 and spent last season on loan at Championship side Middlesbrough.


The 21-year-old defender was part of the Middlesbrough team that ensured promotion to the Premier League last season.

Speaking to the BBC Omeruo said: “The target is to get a lot of playing time and help Kasimpasa achieve their objectives.

“I’ve come to Turkey to reciprocate the club’s determination to bring me here. I want to show the manager and the fans that they have made a good choice and I am completely focused on breaking into the squad and prove myself here.

“They have strong faith in my ability and I need to prove it. Last season was difficult because of injuries which affected me both at club and international level but I have put all that behind me.

“Kasimpasa approached Chelsea in a professional manner and the chance to test myself in a top league is very challenging.”

Omeruo passed his medical on Tuesday before putting pen-to-paper on his new deal.

The Nigerian international defender has represented the Super Eagles at U-17, U-20 and senior level. The young defender was part of the Nigeria team that reached the Last 16 of the 2014 World Cup.

No comments: