02 August 2015

Jose Mourinho Will Coach Till His Seventies

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho could be around to challenge Premier League opponents for another 20 years as he eyes a long future in the game.

The Portuguese has won 18 major trophies and counting in his managerial career but has no desire to slow down as he looks to utilise his ever-growing experience down the line.

"I see myself going into the seventies - not for ever and ever but while my health is good," Mourinho told reporters.


"It is a job where experience is very, very important. With players, there is a moment when their experience has a fight with their physical condition. With managers, no. Unless you lose your appetite then that is a different story but I see myself now better than I was 10 years ago. I am in evolution, not even in stability."

The Blues manager is keen for his side to relish their status as defending champions this season, expecting a tougher fight in the Premier League as teams all across the table bolster their squads with ambitious signings.

"Being champion doesn't change me for bad, it changes me for good and hopefully with the players it is the same thing," he continued. "I want them to feel good, not bad - because we won last season, we do not have space for failure.

"We go into the most difficult domestic competition in the world. It has more candidates and more top teams and I think [fewer] points will win the title [than last season]. There will be more defeats and more lost points for the top teams.

"Crystal Palace buy Yohan Cabaye and Connor Wickham. I welcome this mentality. It is a great thing. It was always difficult to win matches in England. I think that now it is more difficult. I gave Crystal Palace as an example but I could also give you Stoke, Newcastle and Watford.

"It is going to be more difficult now for all of us."

No comments: