30 April 2014

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: ArjenRobben Launches Anti-Football Tactics Attack Against Chelsea & Atletico Madrid

Arjen Robben has launched a scathing attack on the football philosophies of Atletico Madrid and Chelsea.
He told Sky Sports News: "I don't really care [who wins]. I watched the 90 minutes last week and I couldn't watch it – the match had nothing to do with football.

"The two managers (Jose Mourinho and Diego Simeone), I respect them and everybody has their own way, but I think Real Madrid will win the Champions League and I wish them all the best."

Robben was not shy in critiquing his own side's performance, claiming that they had to accept the heavy defeat that saw them beaten 5-0 on aggregate.


The winger also said that it was too soon to suggest that Bayern's methodology is faulty given the success they have enjoyed this season.

"Well, I think we can't throw everything away just because of that defeat," he told Eurosport. "I mean, okay it's 0-4 in the Champions League, it just can't be so negative, there are a few positive things don't you think?

"We won the Bundesliga with an incredible number of records, we are in the German Cup final, we are in the Champions League semi final for the fourth time in five years, three times in final in five years. Today, we played against a better Real than us - good for them."

No comments: