30 April 2014

MOURINHO: I May Start Ba, Torres And Eto

José Mourinho praised Atlético Madrid but then slipped into his very own inimitable style when asked about the tactics he plans to use against the Rojiblancos.

"They're a good team. They’re not a counterattacking side. They defend well and score goals. They win games. They're in the Champions League semifinals and only need two wins to be champions of the Spanish league. I don't think it's fair to analyse them like that," he replied when it was suggested that Atlético is not a great team.

Hazard:
"Hazard is ready, it's my decision if he starts but he's ready."


Would you be willing to coach Atletico?
"My future is with Chelsea and when Chelsea decides it is time to end the relationship it will be Chelsea alone who makes the decision. If it were up to me I would stay here forever. Atlético were my direct rivals for three seasons, and I have always had a lot of respect for Mr. Gil Marín and the rest of the club. What happened with the fans is another story."

Fifth Champions League semifinal:
"It's not important, it helps me sleep well but I think the devil will be in the detail. There may only be one goal in it. During the 90 minutes the match lasts, the players are more important than the manager. I'm going to Lisbon this summer for sure but let's see if we can all go together."

Are you going to repeat the approach you used at the Calderón?:
"Maybe I'll start three strikers - Eto'o, Torres and Ba."

No comments: